Friday, October 23, 2009

Kings of Chess Wallpaper: Bobby Fischer

I had the idea to do this Kings of Chess series featuring the greatest players of all time.  Fischer seemed like a natural first choice for several reasons. He is probably the most recognizable name in the chess community, he was the only American world champion and he recently passed away.  However the real reason I chose Fischer is because I really can identify with his tenacity.  His will to win was insatiable and he psychologically dominated a game of chess before the first move was even played.  He was never at a loss for words so when I went out looking for a quote from Fischer to attach to this wallpaper the one I ended up with summed up Bobby Fischer's playing style and spirit in once simple sentence.  If you would like to request a Kings of Chess wallpaper feel free to leave a suggestion in the comment box below.

1024x768



1280x960



1600x1200

No comments:

Post a Comment